Peony is an independant family-run business. Our team is small but mighty and we are constantly pushing the boundaries of what is possible to create meaningful pieces that are equal parts, beauty, heart and substance. As our company and community grows, we are always looking for like-minded, passionate and driven individuals to join us.
If you love peony, are committed to a more sustainable approach and believe you can contribute to our team in a positive way, we would love to hear from you.
Available positions are outlined below. Our head office, peony House, is located in Burleigh Heads, Queensland.
We are currently seeking an experienced Product Developer and Garment Technician to join our team in a casual, part time or contract based capacity. This is flexible based on the applicant.
Product Developer and Garment Technician
- Fashion Design Degree or Certificate.
- 2-3 years experience in garment fits and product development.
- Strong understanding of construction, pattern making, size specs, grading and fabrics.
- Understanding the fashion critical path and product development tasks and processes.
- Ability to prepare and update Tech Packs and Spec Sheets for both fashion apparel and swimwear.
- Participate in fittings, record and clearly communicate comments to supplier with a view to executing garment changes as outlined by our design team.
- Accurately measure garments and record specs prior to fittings and for the purpose of applying comments.
- Update standard measurements, size sets and gradation rules when necessary
- Ability to balance priorities and work to deadlines as stipulated by our Production Manager and suppliers.
- Candidate should enjoy problem solving and have an unwavering “can do” attitude.
- Work closely with production to ensure labelling reflects accurate garment care instructions and fabric compositions.
- Assistance in preparing style overviews for pre-season and post season review presentations.
- Strong Adobe Illustrator skills. Photoshop and other Adobe skills a plus.
- General understanding of Microsoft excel (specs tables).
- Experience dealing with offshore factories/suppliers will be beneficial.
- Capacity: Casual, contractor or part time. Dependant on the applicant.
How to Apply
Please send a one page cover letter and current resume to email@example.com.